Réunion is an overseas department and region of the French Republic and an island in the Indian Ocean, east of Madagascar and 175 km (109 mi) southwest of Mauritius. Réunion is an outermost region of the European Union and, as an overseas department of France, part of the eurozone.
In addition to the beaches, there is the Piton de la Fournaise, a shield volcano on the eastern end of Réunion Island that rises more than 2,631 m (8,632 ft) above sea level. And the Piton des Neiges volcano.
Saint-Denis, Reunion, founded by Étienne Regnault in 1669.
Average high 30.1 C and 86.2 F
Average low 23.5 C and 74.3 F
How to get there
https://www.reunion.aeroport.fr/en (edit: has international airport.. against the rules! H)
Covid19 related info:
- La Plage des Brisants is a well-known surfing spot
- Boucan Canot cater to tourists.
- L'Étang-Salé on the west coast is covered in black sand consisting of tiny fragments of basalt
- Grand Anse is a tropical white-sand beach lined with coconut trees
- Le Vieux Port in Saint Philippe is a green-sand beach
- Réunion Creole