Jump to navigation Jump to search
Local Facts Langkawi
- Tax haven, dutyfree area
- No public transit, can rent scooters for ~9 EUR/day. Bargain scooter for 5.50 EUR/day.
- Bicycle rentals available for 2-6EUR/day
- Population is 94k, but island is pretty big. Might locate to a smaller city (similar to Phu Quoc)
- Has beaches all over the island
- Has an airport, connects to Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, MY, and Penang, MY.
- Cable car
- Crocodile park
- Jet skis
- Some parts of the water have jellyfish
- Sailing + Mangrove navigation
Food & Drinks
- Lots of restaurants and bars, but
- No tax means super cheap booze. 6EUR for 1L bottle of Absolut vodka. 0.26EUR beers.
- Has a night market! Just like Phu Quoc.
- Plenty depending on what part of the island you want. 10-30 EUR/night. Suggestion is to walk along beach until you find accommodations.
- Fast, and lots of it.
- 4G LTE everywhere
Carriers & Pricing
- Multiple. Maxis, Digi, Celcom, U-Mobile
- 1 EUR = ~4.65 Malaysian Ringgit