From Hackerbeach Wiki
Welcome to the HackerBeach wiki.
This is where we keep information related to HackerBeach so that it can be used by hackers following in our footsteps, or if we decide to revisit a place.
Hacker Beach Pre-Hackout 2016/17
Hacker Beach #5, January 2017.
Prospective HackerBeach locations
- Mafia Island, Tanzania - Just south of Dar Es Salaam, "Zanzibar 30 years ago". Small beach town with no roads
- Vilanculos, Mozambique - Mozambique capital of water sports. A walkable beach town
- The Gambia - The Gambia (assuming no civil (ok too much) civil unrest in January
- Mayotte - Island off the coast of Madagascar. French department.
- Cape Verde
- La Paloma, Uruguay - Small surf town, fiber internet, cheap accommodation, good weather. All walking.
- Nosara, Costa Rica - Lots of beach, lots of surfing. No vehicle needed, canopy hiking, yoga. "Cheaper, local, informal accomodation"
- Langkawi, Malaysia
- Penang, Malaysia
- Hainan, China - An island off the southern coast of China
- Green Island, Taiwan - A small island off the eastern coast of Taiwan
- Ko Lanta, Thailand - One of the few south Thai islands that's not overrun by tourists
- Koh Kong, Cambodia - The "frontier town" of Cambodia. Still being built up, a bit like Phu Quoc
- Coron, Philippines - One of the 10 best diving spots in the world (sunken WWII Japanese ships)
- Labuan Bajo, Flores, Indonesia - Small fishing/tourism village with a lot going on
- Krui, Sumatra - Surf spot, but for advanced people :(. Best part: no Mc Donald´s, Starbucks, Burger King or air-conditioned shopping centres.
- San Juan, Le Union, Phillipines - Surf spot for beginners and advanced people.
- Sumba, Indonesia - Surf spot for beginners and advanced people.
- Ko Yao (also spelled Koh Yao), Thailand - two other southern Thai islands, Ko Yao Noi and Ko Yao Yai. Needs more research, recommended by a Thai friend. It wasn't overrun by tourists when she went there two years ago
- Siargao Philippines - "the Surfing Capital of the Philippines"
- El Nido Palawan Philippines
- Andaman & Nicobar Islands, India
Official HackerBeach locations
- Labuan Bajo, Flores, Indonesia - Jan, 2017
- Canoa, Ecuador - Jan, 2016
- Portsmouth, Dominica - Jan, 2015
- Lamu, Kenya - Jan, 2014
- Phú Quốc, Vietnam - Jan, 2013
- HackerHouse could be a thing.